At Allometrics, we’ve been perfecting the art of instrument calibration for over 40 years. If you have been wondering “where I can find quality calibration services near me?”, you’ve come to the right place!
What Is Balance Calibration?
Calibration is the method used to ensure and maintain the precision and repeatability of a weighing instrument. The calibration process corrects any irregularities the weighing instrument has by aligning it with an accredited standard for an acceptable range of results.
Why is Balance Calibration Important?
Varies in size and intended use. Laboratory balances are designed for the precise weighing of substances and compounds for the mass component in the vast majority of analytical testing methods. The capacity and readability of laboratory balances range from 2g by 0.001mg used in trace elemental analysis to 150kg by 0.1g. used for carrier gas blending.
Regardless of how big or small your balance is, over time, it will lose accuracy as a result of normal wear and tear caused by several factors, including:
- Regular Use
- Mechanical Shock
- Hazardous Environments
Is indispensable to achieve precise weighing results. Industries that rely on repeatable measurements to provide quality products or services cannot afford to ignore this vital service.
Unreliable measurements not only cost the companies money, but they could also endanger the population and leave the company vulnerable to legal sanctions.
By periodically scheduling balance calibration services, as well as frequent routine testing, will significantly enhance the lifespan of your balance or scale and its weighing precision.
Additionally, balance calibration will serve to:
- Ensure your instrument’s readings are consistent with other measurements
- Determine the reliability of the balance readings
- Provide traceability for your weighing equipment
Benefits Of Balance Calibration
Calibration performed by Allometrics, an ISO 17025 accredited company offers many benefits, including:
- Cost Savings: Calibrated measuring equipment helps avoid waste, rework, and product recalls
- Reliable measurements: Using professionally calibrated laboratory instruments guarantees that the results from any measurements made at your location will be compatible with those made in another. Therefore, your measurements will be accurate and reliable, as will your final product.
- Compliance: Each industry is subject to national and international standards. At Allometrics we assure your equipment will meet all compliance requirements from internal and external audits
- Prevention and Maintenance: Laboratory equipment ages at different rates depending on the frequency and type of use as well as the environmental conditions. By periodically testing and calibrating your instruments, we can help detect mechanical stress of critical components and prolong the lifespan of your weighing equipment
- Streamlining Processes and Increasing Profits: Balances and Scales that undergo professional calibration according to defined tolerances help improve industrial processes and ultimately serve to increase profitability
Risks of Using Non-Calibrated Instruments
Balance calibration ensures repeatable results and reduces the probability of weighing mistakes which can cost time and money. By using non-calibrated instruments, companies run the risk of encountering production problems such as:
- Unscheduled Downtime
- Issues with Product Quality
- Process and Audit Issues
- Costly Product Rework and Recalls